Sunday, May 2, 2010

[Tap, tap, tap, blowww...] Testing... testing... Microphone check...

Ok, then: and we are LIVE (yikes).

Greetings and Salutations, my etherborne/-bound reader. A thousand thanks for poppin by-- however it is that you have happened upon my link.

What on earth are you and I doing here, anyway-- on such an achingly lovely spring day-- ?! I guarantee you the great bulk of our ancestors are rolling in their collective graves. SHOO— git on witcha! Go an finally get yo hiney on that bike that’s been rustin away there behind the house/apt/garage/car/furnace/toolroom/etc., hm? Stretch them gams a spell. Or: jus take yrself out for a good ole fashioned stroll. Strollin is so incredibly F.I.N.E.!

Not just now? Ok, fine: but less make that a raincheck, K? You and I, both. Life is just too dang short.

I, for one, am here to run a long overdue test; jus seein what I think o ‘spressin mahself in this heah blogoverse. Never been one to comfortably hold forth in public fora/-ums in the past; but have come to the realization over the last year or so… that I do enjoy sharin/exchangin the written word vis-à-vis electronic pathways as a sort of mental/social exercise. There is something both liberating and… “safe” about such communication that appeals to me. More (I suspect) on this later. For now, suffice it to say: here I is, cautiously dippin a toe or two in these unfamiliar waters, checkin out the scene. Nice to make yr ‘quaintance.

How bout you— wut you up to, and what brings you to this venue/platform/page? What say you bout the enterprise of casting one’s thoughts/words/guts into the great ethereal/electronic unknown?

Blessings to us all on this journey!

P.S. For your consideration: a lil more complete list o my “Interests”/possible topics for reflection/exploration/dialogue:

• Women’s/social history
• ethnic studies
• the arts (as broadly defined as one can imagine)
• pop culture
• food
• community building
• education
• sustainable development
• social justice
• progressive politics
• colonialism
• spiritual wholeness
• wellness/healthy living
• complementary and natural medicine
• public and mental health
• DIY
• relational and ecological responsibility
• parenting
• separation
• divorce
• online dating
• letter writing
• Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
• bicycling
• travel
• yoga
• music
• design
• dance
• tai chi
• poetry
• gardening
• xeriscaping

P.P.S. I actually somewhat preferred (and even uploaded) “Suz’s Oozes” as a preliminary title for this page. Yes… “OOZES,” as in: the sort that are primordial, elemental, decidedly unrefined, and at least a lil bit… sticky. How very fitting for my fledgling attempts at more public self-expression! Alas, the “yuk” quotient for that handle quickly proved intolerable, even for me…

3 comments:

  1. Saw your comment on Meerkatsu, so followed it through to here. I look forward to your posts on BJJ, and indeed history and feminism (if you don't already read it, The F Word blog/UK feminist hub is well worth checking out).

    Also, if you haven't already, you might want to check out Meg's log (history PhD, feminist and BJJer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback & tips, Sir Slidey/Mr. Foot. I have already enjoyed scanning some small part of your own substantial online offerings. As you might have noticed, I am still very much at the dabbler’s stage in my engagement with this medium. Much as I greatly appreciate its opportunities for connection, interaction, edification & inspiration… I am still just warming up to the idea of diving into the discourse, myself. (Again with my tension between the “thinking” and the “doing”-- !) So I am especially grateful for your positive & welcoming vibes.

    Muchas Gracias, Continued Blessings, and See Ya Round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like you are pretty busy. Just stopped by from the Mexico in my Kitchen. Nice to meet you. I had a few minutes and was just making the rounds before I go answer comments. Nice blog and look forwarding to reading some of your posts. Take care.

    ReplyDelete